This week’s been quite a crazy one for me, so I thought I would reward myself for getting through the reams and reams of revision and work I have with a big batch of chocolate flapjacks! Anyone who’s read much of this blog will know by now that I’m a bit of a dessert fiend, so a load of flapjacks and some tea is basically heaven for me (and hopefully it is for you guys as well!)
It’s literally the easiest recipe to make ever, and the flavour combination of coconut and dark chocolate work really well together, so I’d suggest making this any time you’re stressed or have loads on, but still fancy having a good snack during the day.
Hope you enjoy, let me know in the comments below if you try them out!
140g of rolled oats
85g of desiccated coconut (plus more to decorate)
110g of vegan butter
110g of granulated sugar
Three tablespoons of golden syrup
50g of dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the oats and coconut into a large mixing bowl.
- Line a square tin with baking paper
- Put your vegan butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat (stirring occasionally) until everything is combined and your mixture is just boiling.
- Add your melted mixture to your oats and coconut. Mix everything until the oats and coconut have all been coated in the melted mixture.
- Pour your flapjack mixture into the tin, and flatten the whole surface with the spatula.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Leave in the tin to cool, then melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top, then sprinkle with more dessicated coconut.
This April, I’m running the London Marathon for Myasthenia Gravis Awareness. To find out more or to donate, click here.