It’s the end of university!
Sweet Jesus, that sounds odd. I’ve officially finished university with a 2.1 in English Literature, like a proper grown up. I’m very proud of myself but it also definitely hasn’t sunk in that I’m leaving yet, even with all the packing and goodbyes and copious amounts of alcohol. I’ve also not been posting at all because I’ve been so busy and I’m trying to get rid of all my leftovers – seriously my dinner today was plain pasta with butter, followed by 4 bowls of cereal, an orange and cheap chocolate. Not worth blogging about. I do have a massive bag of lentils however, which is how this was created. I felt I needed to make one last nice meal in my house before I leave on Tuesday *sniff* so here it is.
I’m gunna go look in my university photo album and cry now.
For the lentily thing
Quarter of a cup of red lentils
Half an onion
One clove of garlic
A big handful of spinach
As many spices as you want (I picked cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt)
A little oil
For the potatoey thing
One peeled potato
A few cherry tomatoes
More spices (same as before)
A little oil
- Put two pans of boiling water on the hob. Put potatoes in one and lentils in the other. They both need about 15 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions and garlic in one pan (lentil pan). When the lentils are done, put the lentils in the pan to fry a bit, then put the spices in.
- When the potatoes are done fry them in a separate pan until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and spices and keep frying.
- Add the spinach into the lentil frying pan.
- Throw the potatoes on a plate with the lentils in the middle (this just looks nice, no other reason) and enjoy!