You’ve probably guessed by now that I love food – I cook lovely food every day, and I’m constantly thinking up new recipes to show you guys… But, some days, like everyone, I can’t be arsed. Either I seriously can’t be bothered to cook, or the thing that tastes beautiful, looks so seriously ugly that I simply can’t blog it. Or I just eat beans on toast because I’m still a student :)
So here are my top five favourite ‘ugly’ meals, i.e. food that tastes amazing but doesn’t look the part, or doesn’t even deserve a recipe because it’s something a baby would be able to do. Hope you enjoy!
1. Rice with tomatoes and cheese – literally, any veggies I can find, mixed with rice and chopped tomatoes, cheese on top and then grilled. I used to make this when I was about 14 and had no culinary skill to speak of.
2. Cereal mixes, i.e. Every type of cereal in the cupboard with some fruit and almond milk.
3. Toast! I’m in love with toast, pictured is peanut butter toast.
4. Peanut butter banana porridge.
5. My all-time favourite, mug cake. I know I’ve done recipes for this before, but seriously, I eat them every day, and they don’t really look gorgeous, but they taste heavenly!
P.S. You may have noticed that the photos of the rice, cake and toast are much better quality than the other two, and it’s because I’ve been saving up for ages and I finally got a brilliant camera! It’s a canon and I’m very excited about it – unfortunately I bought it after the sun set, so I’m going to attach some photos I took last night, but they’re of boring things inside my house… Sorry. Hope you appreciate how clear the new pictures are though, I’m really looking forward to how much better my blog’s going to look in the future!