I thought I’d make a post dedicated to healthy snacks that only take 2 minutes – I have a ‘snack’ category on the right hand side of this website, but a lot of them are cakes and cookies, and don’t really reflect the snacks I eat on a day-to-day basis, and a lot of my regulars are really nice! It’s always great to have a range of tasty snacks that don’t take forever, and don’t involve cooking, and so I thought I’d compile some photos of my favourites. Hope you enjoy!
1. Porridge in some form – I sometimes have porridge for a snack with berries and cinnamon. This one’s especially good for cold days when you’re snuggled on the sofa in a blanket.
2. Apple rings with peanut butter, raisins and toasted flaked almonds – for some reason, this combination is utterly heavenly :)
3. Home-made ice lollies – this one’s made with strawberry soya yoghurt and crushed strawberries in a little cup with a spoon sticking out (for the handle) then frozen overnight.
4. Healthy apple ‘pie’ – apples with cinnamon and a little sugar put in the microwave for a few seconds.
5. Fruit and yoghurt parfait, sprinkled with a little cinnamon and agave nectar.
6. Home-made smoothie – half a banana, one cup of almond milk and whatever fresh fruit you have in the fridge :)
7. Graze Box. Enough said.
If you fancy something a little more sinful, then you could browse my ‘snack’ section on the right hand side for cupcakes, cookies and other baked snack delights :)